Results of Wednesday’s Best S&P Turning Points: The FOMC volatility was under control earlier than usual allowing our short suggestion @ 4073.50 to fill (only one tick adverse move!), pick the top of the day, and run for 58.75 points to the suggested buy level @ 4014.75, which only worked for a 6.25-point bounce.
Feel better about your big win by donating a slice to my preferred charity, the Alzheimer’s Association. Click here.
Today’s Best S&P Turning Points (consider wider stops and less size in fast moving markets):
Buy 3951.50 stop 3946.25. Short 4032.00 stop 4037.75.
The World Sentiment Index: (+100/-100) drops from +50 to zero in a world of mixed sentiment.
Catalysts: Jobless Claims @ 8:30. New Home Sales @ 10:00.
Quick Tip: Market Speed
Yesterday’s action once the FOMC announced the rate hike became highly volatile, as usual. Any day trader would have been expecting a slow morning and a fast afternoon.
A known catalyst makes it easy to manage your psychology and mood, which is critical to your success.
But how can we handle market speed changes when there is no known catalyst?
Here’s a few ideas that should help you:
1. Practice mindfulness, the practice of being present and aware in the moment. It can help you stay grounded and focused, which is essential when the market changes speed from slow to fast and vice versa. Try meditation and deep breathing exercises.
2. Set realistic goals to avoid getting discouraged by acknowledging current market conditions and what they offer.
3. Focus on the process, not just the outcome.
4. Keeping a trading journal can help you identify patterns and learn from your experiences. Write down your thoughts and feelings after each trade. This can help you identify any emotional biases or tendencies that may be affecting your trading.
5. Take regular breaks to stretch, go for a walk, or do something else that you enjoy.
Remember that trading is a marathon, not a sprint, and staying consistent and disciplined over the long-term is essential for your success.
Our team day-trades multiple strategies with edge in a live online environment. It’s far easier to trade with a team, then going “lone wolf.” Join our team, learn the strategies, and trade live with us daily for 30 days. Money back if you’re not blown away!